Diabetes and COVID-19

Expand all | Collapse all

What platform are you using for Telehealth?

• 1.  What platform are you using for Telehealth?

Posted 05-12-2021 14:21
    Hello!  I'm wondering what platform educators prefer for providing video Telehealth.  I'd like to toggle between face to face video and slides pictures, graphs, or other educational material that can be displayed for demonstration for an interactive appointment.  Does a good system exist?  If it interacts with Athena EMR even better.  Thanks!

------------------------------
    Daniel Swank
    Beckley WV

• 2.  RE: What platform are you using for Telehealth?

Posted 05-13-2021 12:29

I have been using WebEx at my facility with good success.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender by reply e-mail, delete this e-mail from your computer, and destroy any copies in any form immediately.  Receipt by anyone other than the named recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney-client, work product, or other applicable privilege.  This message and all contents may be reviewed by authorized parties of the Catholic Health System other than those named in the message header.  

• 3.  RE: What platform are you using for Telehealth?

Posted 05-18-2021 10:53
    We use doxy.me. It works well. You can send a text and they can log in via the link to their phone without using any app download. 

--
    Denise Adams MSN-FNP-C
    Dublin Medical Center
    908 Hillcrest Pkwy
    Dublin, GA 31021
    478-272-7411

• 4.  RE: What platform are you using for Telehealth?

Posted 05-19-2021 12:21
    We use Doxy.me. Patient can use their computer or phone - it only needs a webpage/internet access to open. You can screenshare an application, a Chrome webpage or even an entire desktop. You and the patient can upload/download documents to each other. Occasionally I have had a patient who was unable to do that so I will have them hold up a document to the screen and then I can take a screenshot of it and add it to their chart. You can have multiple people on the call so they can share their link with a loved one who can participate in the visit. It seems to work well for us.

Brandee Newsom, APRN, WHNP-BC, BC-ADM, CDCES
    Perinatal Diabetes Management
    High Risk Pregnancy Center
    Las Vegas, Nevada